Friday, September 26, 2014

Cold Nukes.

I have funny story to share. If you do not appreciate scientific advancement, please do not read. 
SO. In my history class, we were having a debate about why/why not should we have/have not bombed Nagasaki and Hiroshima. I realized the absolute best non-refutable argument, which was it helped out scientific advancement on the effects of the atomic bomb on people. During wartime, it is completely justifiable! One of the bomb was shaped like an ellipse, and the other like a circle. Only one test bomb was let off beforehand. The thin one used uranium 235, and the fat one used plutonium 239. We learned which one makes the bigger explosion, and the effects on actual people. If we would have used it on anyone else, it would have been unjustifiable. If we had used it on criminals, well, bottom line is that the death penalty is still debated to this day. If we had used it in an empty area, that would not have shown the effects. It is all for research! All for science! "Oh my god you are so cold-hearted and immoral." ~ everyone else in my class. Well, it's just a little science experiment. I challenge you to try and refute my undeniable reasoning in the comments. GOOD LUCK <3

No comments:

Post a Comment